Monday, January 20, 2014

Isla Camille Buck

I'm sure everyone knows by now, but we're having a girl!! We found out on December 20 that the second Buck baby is a sweet little girl :) I thought I wanted a boy until I saw our girl on the ultrasound and I knew right then a girl was exactly what I wanted. I watched her tiny body wiggle around and instantly fell in love. I was already in love with her but just knowing that the wee babe within me was a girl made me love her more :) 

Caden announcing that a sister is coming!!

We finally decided on a name for our little girl!! We have chosen the name Isla (eye-la) Camille (ca-meel). Caden calls her "la la", sooo cute! We have been searching for the perfect name for her. Girls names are so difficult because we wanted to give her a name that would last. Not a name that's adorable for a little girl but ridiculous for a grown woman. And not a name that is a suitable business woman's name but harsh for a little girl. We feel like Isla is just perfect :) I know "isla" is the Spanish word for "island" but the name Isla is actually a Scottish name! We decided on the name Camille because I wanted a very feminine flower name but none really flowed with Isla. However, Camille is an English variant of the flower name Camellia so it's perfect!! Plus, it's a gorgeous name. 

This is a picture of a Camellia flower...it's beautiful! 

Our sweet girl is just 16 weeks away from being in our arms! I'm 24 weeks pregnant now and I feel pretty good! No sickness or nausea, thankfully there's been no back pain (I'm really nervous about my back. It hurt so bad last pregnancy), my headaches have mostly stopped, and while I'm still tired it hasn't been too bad. But I've been horribly congested. It's hard to sleep at night. So far I've gained seven pounds. My clothes don't fit right! I haven't gained much weight but my belly is growing very fast and keeping me from wearing normal pants and shirts! I wore jeans on Saturday morning and spent the afternoon in recovery. 


We got to see our girl on Sunday too! We had an elective ultrasound done and the woman was fabulous. She really took her time and got some good pictures :) Isla was facing away almost the whole time so we didn't get too many of her cute face but we still got some good ones! And she's so dainty, she had her little ankles crossed most of the time! So adorable. 

Her arm is up over her head and her full little lips are parted, ready for mommy to kiss them! 

A little hard to see but this is her face! You can see her little nose and her closed eyes. Her hand is over her mouth.
Her spine! So cool. I love seeing the spine and watching the tiny heart beating. 
Foot! This one cracks me up. Her foot is just sticking right up! So cute!

We have more ultrasound pictures but they're basically all the same. Nathaniel and I can see Isla's face and we know what's going on in each picture but ultrasound pictures are a little hard explain sometimes. I am supposed to get another ultrasound around 34 weeks. My doctor wants to try to gauge Isla's weight since Caden was so big. Caden was 9lb 2oz and they're worried Isla will be just as big. But I did it once, I can do it again :) and I adore chunky babies!! I actually want her to be close to Caden's size. Although, I have to say that his delivery was a little rough because of his size but I'd be more than happy to do it again! I love chubby babies! A little baby is perfect too :) either way, I can't wait to meet my Isla Camille! 


No comments:

Post a Comment