Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Road Trip!!

We are on our first family road trip!! But it's not really a road trip since we just drove to Tucson and will by flying to Alaska and Oregon but whatever :) we drove out to my parent's house in Tucson. It took us about nine hours. We left around 7:00 pm and stopped 30 minutes into our drive because, of course, my stomach is the ruler of our household and my stomach wanted cheese sticks from Taco Box (and a cherry vanilla coke!). Isla fell asleep instantly and Caden stayed awake for about an hour. He slept from 8:00 until about midnight, or maybe 1:00, I can't remember. Isla didn't wake up until we stopped for gas, around 2:30!!! She's an amazing sleeper!! Hopefully I didn't just jinx my good fortune. 

Caden's sweet set up! Monkey, milk, pjs, and a movie :)
I thought this was cool. A train against the start of twilight.
Isla's face when she first woke up after almost eight hours! My happy girl!!
She saw daddy out the window while he was getting gas. Daddy's girl already?
Sleepy! With a car in his hand, how unusual ;) 

On our first day Nathaniel and I went to Red Robin and were so happy. There isn't one in Clovis so it was a treat. We also got Isla's ears pierced!! She screamed a bit but she was fine within seconds. Earrings on baby girls are so pretty. I just love it!! 

I was a little sad to do it. But she looks sooooo cute!!
Cuddles with daddy afterwards. She got lots of cuddles and lots of milk. Cuddles and milk always cures what ails her :) 
Her earrings are just darling. I love them. I love her more though!! 

We had pizza and wings for supper and also had a mock stripe pinning on ceremony since Nathaniel was promoted on Friday!!!!!!! I'm so proud of him! He made staff sergeant first try last year. Love him!! 


On Saturday Nathaniel had to drive back home :( he had to go on a TDY and will drive back to Tucson once he's done. He's so awesome!! It was his idea to bring me out here. He's going to be so sick of traveling once this is all over with. After his drive back we still have all our flying to do. Prayers please. A insane two year old and an infant...what were we thinking?!?!?!

Here are some pictures of the fun we've been having the last couple of days :) I love being with my family!! 

Cousins!!!

Umm...adorbsies. 
Playing in Caden's bed!!
Mommy and me :) and my chunky Isla!
Caden and Beans :) best buds!!!
Caden cleaning the fireplace. He told Mimi is was "nassy" (nasty) hahahah
Little miss pretty 
Happy birthday Grampy!!!
I am just so cool. My eye needs to be bigger though. Then I'd be the coolest kid in school.
Daddy bought her this outfit!
Cutie :)
I got these beauts the other day. In love. By the way, that's natural light! There's no instagram filter or anything. Tucson has some gorgeous lighting!

Since I'm here for three weeks there will be many more pictures to come!! Gotta get some of my sisters and me. A few of all the cousins too!! 


1 comment:

  1. Was searching for my GF’s blog and came across yours. Started reading and came to your recent post about piercing your daughter's ears. She looks totally adorable with little earrings. It reminded me of my own experience having our dd's ears pierced at about the same age. I actually dreamed of my baby with earrings when the nurses first handed her to me in the delivery room, she had little gold studs in each ear :) After she was born, I could hardly wait to get them pierced.

    This was a perfect age to pierce her ears! I promise you were a smart mommy for doing it as an infant so she’ll just grow up with them. Promise you will have many moms envious of your decision and wish they had pierced their girls as infants. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness. Their is nothing cuter than seeing a little baby girl with pretty gold earrings. If she was ever called a boy, then I promise she won't be mistaken for a boy ever again!

    Our ped encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some info for moms having their dd’s ears pierced to find the right person and place to do it.

    Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info or trying to decide ” to pierce or not to pierce.”

    Amy
    amyswor1765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete