Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy birthday sweet boy

My sweet Caden Nathaniel turns two today. He was born on April 8, 2012 at 4:02 in the afternoon in Anchorage, Alaska. He weighed 9 pounds, 2 ounces, was 21 and a half inches long, and had head full of dark brown hair with blond tips. He was so chubby! But so tiny at the same time. His little tongue was always sticking out too :) he was just hours old and that tongue was sticking out. 

He wore little socks on his hands because his nails were so long and we forgot to pack mittens.

I can hardly believe it's been two years since I first was able to hold him. It seemed like I'd waited forever for him! I thought was already in love with him but after holding him I knew I was in love with him. 


First family photo :) 

In those first moments I knew how my mother felt when I was born. I finally understood what it felt like to love another person so fiercely that you'd do anything for them. I've loved Nathaniel since I was 16 years old but my love for him is different than my love for Caden. I truly believe in falling in love (that's what a lifetime of Disney movies will do to you) but I also believe in choosing to stay in love. Everyday I choose to stay with the man I fell in love with. Everyday I choose not to let my heart or mind stray. Everyday I choose to love Nathaniel (I'm not saying it's hard to love him or that I have to force myself to love him. I'm just saying that even when times get rough I will always choose to love him. Like our wedding vows said "in sickness AND in health", in the good times AND bad times, in the ups AND downs of life). But with my son? There was no choice. I held him and my heart just jumped right off the deep end and I can never go back to a time when I didn't love him. And I don't want to :) becoming a mother to that boy was something I didn't even know I was missing but I'm so glad I found it. I can't wait to be a mommy of two and watch Caden become the world's best big brother. Anyways, enough of this sappy stuff... :)

Today we are doing all of Caden's favorite things!! We decorated his door so that he got a surprise when he woke up! It's cuter in person than in pictures but he loved it!! 


He got pancakes for breakfast and chocolate milk :) 


He got to open one present this morning and opened the rest at lunchtime. Caden actually "slept in" today and we didn't have time to do all his presents before Nathaniel left for work. So he opened a gift from his great grandma--a ton of airplanes! 


He loves bubbles baths so he got to take a bath this morning with a bazillion bubbles :) 

The bubbles died down by the time I took this picture but there was a mountain of bubbles earlier!!

Picking out his favorite movie :) of course it's Cars! 

At lunchtime we gave him the rest of his gifts. He got several awesome shirts, a tool set from his favorite (and only) cousin (ok, only first cousin. He has a million second cousins who he loves very much!!), more airplanes, a Cars plate, cup, and bowl set, an art easel, a pilot's hat, a car travel case, a pirate ship, a bubble gun...I think there's more but I can't remember! He got gifts from us and family today. Our families said that a few more packages are on their way too :) I love that they all love my son so much!! 







He loves everything!! 

This afternoon he got to watch airplanes fly over and see guys jump out of them! A dream come true for him! He was so excited. He kept asking for more planes and more parachutes. It was cute :) 







He even got to wear one of the jumper's helmets! He could barely hold his head up haha

This evening his friend came over to say happy birthday!

These boys and cars:) 

We all had a great day today. Caden had the best time and tomorrow we're taking him to his favorite place, Chick-fil-a (I don't actually know if it's his favorite haha but it's the only place where he eats all the food!!) and letting him spend his birthday money. He got $42, a weird amount, I know. It's because the maintenance guy came yesterday to fix my garbage disposal and then gave Caden $2 for his birthday! The other money is from grandparents :) anyways, Caden had a great 2nd birthday. Thank you to everyone who wished him a happy day, he certainly had one. 

Happy birthday, sweet Caden. Mommy loves you.



No comments:

Post a Comment