Monday, November 10, 2014

Halloween!

The Bucks don't usually participate in Halloween but this year we did. We dress up and pass out candy but we don't typically trick or treat or anything. I helped plan and host a cute little Halloween party for the kids in Nathaniel's unit. It was so cute! The kids had a blast! My friend and I made a couple of games, decorated her house, and made adorable treats for the kids. We had a witches hat ring toss, pin the eye on the monster, mummy wrap (in toilet paper!), pumpkin bean bag toss, and a cupcake walk. Half of the games were played for a few minutes and then abandoned for food or the swing set outside. On Pinterest you see thirty toddlers all in a perfect line, patiently waiting their turn for the bean bag toss...that's not real life hahaha our party was chaotic but so so fun!! Toddlers (big kids were there too but they're the easy ones!) are a ton of work but they are hilarious to watch. Overall, our party was success :) 

We made mummy hot dogs and mummy pizzas! There are pumpkin cupcakes and an adorable pumpkin patch dessert. It was sooooo yummy!! 

We had a caramel apple bar! 
Some of the older boys playing with the witches hat ring toss. They really liked it! 
Toilet paper mummy!! 

The aftermath of the mummy game hahah
Pin the eye on the monster

We took all the kids trick or treating after the party. We had never taken Caden but decided to take him this year. I don't know how I feel about trick or treating. I never did it as a kid; we always had cute little harvest parties. I don't know what we'll do on future Halloweens with our kids, maybe we'll trick or treat but maybe we'll do harvest parties/fall festivals instead, I'm not sure yet! 

That's some of our candy hungry horde.

Caden, the race car driver, really loved running around with all his friends and asking strangers for candy (see, that's another reason not to trick or treat...we tell our kids NEVER talk to strangers and never take anything from a stranger. But on Halloween it's totally fine. I'm torn on what to do.). 
Isla looks like she's dressed up as a bear but she was actually Cinderella :) 
Fly away Isla! Her Cinderella costume was a little small. Just a little...as in, I could not get the snaps to even touch hahaha she's just too chunky!

Even though I have my reservations about Halloween we all had a great time. The kids at the Halloween party were so good and had fun. We all had fun walking around the base and watching our children's excitement and I know I REALLY enjoyed the sugar high the next day. Actually, I didn't. But whatever, it was just once! (And it will never happen again!!!) haha




No comments:

Post a Comment