Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oh baby...#2

Baby Buck #2. Or The Three Little Bucks Plus One. Or Caden's Going to be a Big Brother. Or HOLY CRAP WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER BABY!!! I think those are all appropriate titles. Although the "holy crap" part makes it seem like our littlest Buckling was a surprise. This little pumpkin wasn't a surprise but the "holy crap" is in reference to actually having two children. TWO. I'm nervous! But oh so very excited :) I am currently eleven weeks pregnant and due to bring forth another precious life on May of 2014. My children will be 25 months apart. Caden will celebrate his second birthday (and officially ring in the terrible twos--they've unofficially started already) and then get a new brother or sister. I am soooo excited. I adore babies. I can't wait to smell that newborn smell, listen to those quiet coos, tickle those tiny toes...I am anxious to meet my second child. I want to watch Caden hold his new sibling and love on him or her. I have a vision of him sitting quietly, gently holding the baby in his lap. How long before he shatters that vision?? haha my Caden is a rambunctious little boy and I wouldn't change a thing about him :) right now he doesn't understand what ls going to happen but if we ask him where the baby is he will point to my belly and kiss it. He's so sweet. 



It's a dark picture but Caden's pointing to the ultrasound!

Baby Buck #2 at seven weeks. "Shrimp Buck" is what my sisters are calling the baby haha baby looks much different now! 

Now let's talk about the actual pregnancy! :) I am eleven weeks pregnant and finally getting over the constant nausea. The nausea that lasts all the day and the night. Once we got to Hawaii it started to subside. My appetite has been all over the place. In the beginning it was voracious. I could not get enough food. Then, suddenly, I could barely choke down three crackers. That lasted for far too long. The hunger finally came back with a vengeance. I was like a teenage boy. Or like six burly men. Whichever eats more food. Now I'm back to normal. As far as cravings go, I always have cravings--pregnant or not. So I won't even classify any of my cravings as a pregnancy symptom. 
I am tired. I'm so very tired. The first trimester fatigue has been rough on me and it's just now getting better. It's hard to nap whenever I want because I have a toddler to take care of. A toddler who sometimes naps, sometimes doesn't. When Nathaniel's home he'll watch Caden for me so I can sleep a bit but I need a three hour nap, not a 45 minute snooze. I am so thankful though, he's the best :) 
With Caden I had bad sciatic nerve pain and that's already trying to rear it's hideous head. It's so incredibly painful. I have been praying fervently for the sciatic beast not to return. 
Other than all that I feel pretty good! My clothes are getting a bit tight, in the belly and chest area. I'm still hungry and I'm still tired but I welcome it. Nathaniel and I can't wait to welcome our newest one into the world. 

Pregnancy announcement! Taken by my good friend Jen Hammer :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment